Camp Leader (CRITICAL!)
If you have coordinated, or assisted in the coordination of children camps, schools or other programs involving children (in or outside of Sahaja Yoga, as long as they were officially recognized), please contact us urgently at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if / how you could help by joining our team for the 2020 camps. This year we’d particularly need someone to join the Girls Camp team (17-31 July) to learn the “tricks of the trade” from the current organisers, who are intending to stop as of next year, so as of now, we are not sure we can offer a Girls Camp in 2021 if nobody volunteers to help.
If you know yogis within your network (national or international) who have run any kind of children programs, schools or camps (preferably official), please engage them and try to motivate them to discover this camp and put them in contact with us.
This is a critical need, because the camp will not receive the official authorization if it’s not run by somebody with the proper credentials.
Former organizers will be there to provide all the necessary help, however they don’t have the formal credentials required on their CV to be accepted by the mayor.
Please pass this message to your collective, and particularly to anyone you think might have the qualification.
The vibrations here are like in Dharamsala because it is Shri Mataji’s house. We did a 2-day walk and were sleeping under the stars.
Communication person (March – July)
We are looking for a few people who can help communicate with the parents and volunteers in the months before the camp when registrations are open, to answer questions such as:
- Where can I register?
- I made a mistake during registration, can you update my registration with the following info
- How do I know if my registration is accepted?
- I don’t have a country coordinator, who can give my recommendation?
Or to coordinate with volunteers:
- Ask them to provide CV, copy of diploma and criminal check. And check if the quality of scans is good enough.
- Ask them to join HACCP or Fire training if we don’t have enough volunteers with such certificates
- Coordinate these trainings with the World Foundation (mostly Saturday morning few days before the first camp)
- Talk with the volunteers what kind of activity they want to do with the children and inform them about our requirement for an official invoice
If you want to help in any of these areas, please contact us at email@example.com
I did some rock climbing. I was a bit scared at first but when I reached to I was really enjoying myself.
Help needed – prepare the camp a.k.a pre-camp
We need volunteers to help put up the place before the camp starts (cleaning, preparing the meditation room, moving kitchen utensils & children’s mattresses, trimming bushes on the side of the road, etc). If you are in Cabella the week before the first camp starts and have some spare time, this is a perfect opportunity to visit and learn more about the place. This year, a professional plumber (yogi) will be there during the Pre-Camp to lead the works. Any yogi who is a plumber or handyman (or interested to develop the skills:)) is welcome to join him that week.
Please give us a sign here if you are happy to help out.
The vibrations here are very strong. I enjoyed meeting new and old friends from around the country.
Volunteers during the camp
Find out how you can volunteer in this section
This year we are particularly looking for:
- Adults with a degree in child education or care (teachers, monitors, children counselors, etc); experience in running children camps is a plus (or other diploma that qualifies you to work with children)
- Italian speakers who can help with commercial investigations and preparations. (finding shops, practical questions on internet, etc…)
- Yuva Shaktis are most welcome to come and help in the camp. Their energy and creativity is a great asset for us, while in return we guarantee excellent fun and useful experiences!
Here a few more examples of the widespread areas to be covered by adults at the camp
- Guiding children during creative morning activities of all kinds (painting / drawing / nature studies / pottery / media studies / photography / maintenance / dancing / aikido / music / singing / poetry etc.)
- Shri Mataji has specifically suggested that we should include wood carving
- Sports / walks / games and excursions
- Put children to bed, read stories
- Chef (head cook)
- Shopping coordinator (coordinate with main cook, breakfast people, activity people, camp organisers and shops)
- Sous-chef (overall coordination of the kitchen, meal plans, supplies)
- Help in the kitchen
- HACCP Certified (food safety & hygiene, or similar diploma that qualifies you to work in a kitchen)
- Fire Safety certified
- Driving (shopping & transport of children)
- General maintenance of the house & surroundings
- Overall coordination of the camp
- Administration & finances
- Experienced first aid person (Nurse or doctor would be very valuable)
- Handymen (can be plumbing, metal work, wood work, gardener, building experience, …) are always welcome
- One or two mini-van drivers (particularly needed in the Girls camp, where usually fewer men volunteer)
Helping out at the camp is hard work but very rewarding. Uncles and Aunties wanting to help have to be prepared to dedicate their full day to the well-being of the children and should be able to communicate in English.
All countries sending three or more children must send at least one adult to help out at the camp. Adults should seek approval of participation from their country coordinator as well. As the number of adults is limited you will need to register as early as possible. Late registration acceptance will depend on the available space.
Also let us know if you are interested in joining the Preparation camp to help with:
- Clean-up and/or cooking for the attendees
- A volunteers’ seminar, to get to know each other and the camp better before children’s arrival
- A Shakti Seminar for all ladies willing to support the camp and at the same time grow spiritually through this experience.
If you can help with any of the above, or have any question around them, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. The more volunteers we find to cover the above for two camps, the more we are motivated and able to focus in forming a second team of experienced organizers for a second camp!
It is my first time that I’m in the camp, and I’m very enjoying myself. I going deeper to Sahaja Yoga and getting better at my English.
Looking for Ananda Mela Daglio country coordinators
We need communication coordinators for each country, to help promote the camp to parents and potential volunteers. The more awareness, the more opportunity there will be to find more yogis qualified to run the camp.
We would particularly need a stronger engagement from these countries
- UK: We often receive comments when the first camp is organized too early in the year, when UK children are still in school.
- Finland, Switzerland and Germany (and to a lesser extent Denmark, Sweden and Norway, where so far very little interest has been expressed). These countries are impacted when the camps are organized too late in August.
The more engagement from a country where volunteers engage in the organisation the more likely the camps will be on dates that works out for them.
We also go on nice hikes and walks through the nature, like the walk to the cold waterfall. Overall Daglio has been a great vibrational journey and I recommend this camp to all kids around the world.