Find out how you can volunteer in this section
This year we are particularly looking for:
- Adults with a degree in child education or care (teachers, monitors, etc); experience in running children camps is a plus
- Adults or yuvas with advanced PHP, WordPress and/or MySQL knowledge to help with enhancements to the website as well as the complete transfer of contents and database to another provider which may take place this year or the next
- Italian speakers who can help with some legal and commercial investigations and preparations. A tremendous job has been already done by the people of the World Foundation to make sure the camp is now running under all legal requirements. And the experience of last years has helped us build a decent list of suppliers. There is however room for improvement, as every now and then small legal questions arise for which we don’t have an immediate answer; and we could always benefit from learning about suppliers offering better prices or better quality products. To quote just a few examples:
- last year the question arose if it is legally allowed for a minor above 16 years old (i.e.: a yuva) to leave the camp premises unattended
- we intend to repair another piece of the road. So far we’ve only worked with the same local provider and paid the requested price. We could use someone to investigate if we can get a more competitive price elsewhere.
- it is getting critical to get an internet connection in the camp (too many volunteers require lifts to Cabella for an important mail or flight check-in, which becomes too disruptive for the camp; internet would also allow a more efficient communication with the parents throughout). No good deal was available at the current provider, in a location open only one month a year. We need someone to explore any financially feasible solution, be it negotiating a good deal with a provider, or finding out the prices and cancellation obligations across different providers (i.e: does any provider allow us to take a subscription, then cancel it 1-2 months later?)
Yuva Shaktis are most welcome to come and help in the camp. Their energy and creativity is a great asset for us, while in return we guarantee excellent fun and useful experiences!
I did some rock climbing. I was a bit scared at first but when I reached to I was really enjoying myself.