Dear Young Sahaja Yogis, Parents, Aunties and Uncles from all over the world,
It is a great joy and honour once again, to invite you all to join the very international and fun-loving collective of ‘Ananda Mela’ Daglio, for the camp of 2018, in Shri Mataji’s house on the hills near Cabella, in the beautiful Italian countryside.
The registrations haven’t been opened yet, however these are the planned dates (for those who need to book their holidays in advance
For the time being, the dates and formats are not yet defined, but we are looking to the following most likely time slots:
16 – 27 July (before Guru Puja): Preparation Camp
Ludo and other hard working yogis will be there as every year to setup the camp and perform maintenance works and renovations. Everyone is welcome to join them. The following initiatives have also been suggested to potentially run at the camp in those weeks:
– a Shakti seminar (some aunties suggested last year that it would help improve the vibrations of the place). If interested, you can write to email@example.com
– a Family Camp in the second week (22-27 July), for the families who can’t send their children to the actual camp for one reason or another. If interested, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
– a Yuva Shakti seminar or camp, preferably open to the yuvas who would like to learn a thing or two about maintenance and renovations, because we intend some repair works to the building lead by yogi specialists, so it would be a good opportunity for the yuvas who would like to learn from them. If interested, you can write to email@example.com
– a Volunteers’ Preparation Seminar, Thu-Fri 26-27 July. This will likely have to happen anyway, but depending on peoples availability to arrive as of Thursday or not, the exact date and hours will be confirmed later
For any other questions regarding the Pre-Camp, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or, for more technical discussions, email@example.com
30 July – 10/11 August (between Guru Puja and the Festival of the Culture of the Spirit, during the Academy): GIRLS CAMP
– Those are the dates for the unaccompanied children (with the last day yet to be decided: either Fri 10 afternoon, or Saturday 11 morning)
– Volunteers (and their children, if the case) are expected no later than Fri 27 July AM (but preferably before – the camp is open all week)
– The camp is still in need of volunteers for key roles: cooking, medical care and administration
13 – 25/26 August (after the Festival, with a small possibility of extending it even till 31 August, before Krishna Puja) BOYS CAMP
– Those are the dates for the unaccompanied children (with the last day yet to be decided: either Sat 25 afternoon, or Sunday 26 morning)
– Volunteers (and their children, if the case) are expected in the morning of Saturday 11 August (not sooner, as the Girls camp is still ongoing, but also not later, so you don’t miss important meetings)
– The camp is still in need of volunteers for key roles: cooking, medical care and administration
We know that the dates may not be ideal for everyone. A lot of effort has been put in finding the scenarios that work for most, as can be seen in the ATTACHED FILE, which was shared with the most impacted countries, and based on the feedback received and lead organizers availability, these were the most feasible scenarios. We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to share with us any related concerns or suggestions for the future.
That said, it was with quite some effort that we found enough people to run two camps. Still more help is needed, and here’s a list of things that What YOU can do to help:
A. Volunteer to lead or assist in the preparation and coordination of a camp (or help us find the right people for the job).
If you have coordinated children camps, schools or other programs involving children (in or outside of Sahaja Yoga, as long as they were officially recognized), as a teacher or project manager, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if / how you could help by joining our team (and also advise which of the above time slots would suit you).
If you know yogis within your network (national or international) who have run any kind of children programs, schools or camps (preferably official), please engage them and try to motivate them to discover this camp and put them in contact with us.
B. Vibratory support
Keep us in your enlightened attentions in your prayers and bandhans to help us overcome the challenges ahead:
– finding enough qualified volunteers
– receiving all the official authorizations
C. Country Coordinators
In general, we could use communication coordinators for each country, to help promote the camp to parents and potential volunteers. The more awareness, the more the chance that in time we’ll find more yogis qualified to run the camp.
We would particularly need a stronger engagement from these countries:
– UK: we often receive complaints when the first camp is organized too early in the year, when UK children are still in school. Please note that when that happened, it was because we had more engagement of volunteers from countries who could not have attended if the camps were too late. So the more volunteers from the country effectively engage in the organization of the camps, the higher the chance the dates will be as such selected that all UK children get a chance to attend.
– Finland, Switzerland and Germany (and to a reduced extent Denmark, Sweden and Norway, but for now there is very little interest expressed): these countries are impacted if the camps are organized too late in August. The more engagement from these countries, the more likely the camps will be on dates that works out for them.
Note that this could be a healthy “competition” actually, because if enough volunteer raise a hand from all these countries, we could very well organize 3 camps throughout the summer, so even more children would benefit from them.
D. Volunteer for other key roles in the camps
Besides Lead Coordinators (critical to have a second camp in the first place), there are a number of other key jobs which, if volunteers are lacking, the organization of a second camp would also be put at risk. Therefore, if you believe you can help with any of the below (or know someone who can), let us know which, and whether you would be available for the join during only one or more of the a/m camp dates.
1) Main Chef or Sous-chef
2) Doctor or Nurse
3) Qualified teacher or counselor (or other diploma that qualifies you to work with children)
4) HACCP Certified (food safety & hygiene, or similar diploma that qualifies you to work in a kitchen)
5) Fire Safety or Crisis Management certified
6) Plumber or Handyman (for the children camps or renovation camps)
7) Architect or having other type of experience in constructions and renovations
8) Driver (particularly needed in the Girls camp, where usually very few men volunteer)
9) Web-designer: the better the website, the clearer the communication to parents and volunteers (minimizing the problem-solving efforts during the camp) and the better the tools (minimizing the administrative work during the camp)
10) Secretary: there is a lot of administrative work before and during the camps, including but not limited to maintaining and updating the registration lists and forms, maintaining the archives, communication to parents and volunteers, updating the information on the website (at least produce the text), etc.
11) Italian representative: someone to greet the local guests or tourists passing by the camp and/or join the driver for shopping if necessary
12) Legal experience (preferably of Italian law), or proficient in finding the relevant answers in the field.
Also let us know if you are interested to join the Preparation camp:
– to help for renovations?
– to help with the clean-up and/or cooking for the attendees
– for a volunteers’ seminar, to get to know each other and the camp better before children’s arrival
– for a Shakti Seminar of all ladies willing to support the camp and in the same time grow spiritually through this experience.
If you can help with any of the above, or have any question around them, please write to email@example.com. The more volunteers we find to cover the above for two camps, the more we are motivated and able to focus in forming a second team of experienced organizers for a second camp!
– // –
*** Generic info ***
Children age 8 to 14 are welcome and are expected to attend the full camp. Places are limited to 60 children and 40 adults per camp, so please let us know before the End of June if you are coming.
The much-awaited camp will feature various creative activities as well as escapades to the footpaths, fields and waterfalls nearby. It will include a long hike with overnight camping, so make sure to bring proper walking boots. Children will also get the chance to grow higher and deeper together through collective meditation, bhajans and treatments.
If you have been there before, you know you have to come back! If you haven’t, it’s time to have the experience of evenings around the camp fire, getting to know new people your age, inhaling the pure air during morning stretching, learning new arts and crafts, and of course those amazing vibrations every day!
Enthusiastic, hard-working adults who enjoy working in a team are very welcome to join in as aunties and uncles. Yuvas who want to help out with activities or with the younger ones as a big brother or sister are also very welcome! We also need volunteers to help set up the place before the camp starts (see Pre-camp details below).
The cost will be fixed, €320 for a child and €140 for an adult, with discounts for siblings, parents and yogis from Eastern Europe and other developing countries. If you cannot come due to financial reasons, don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss an appropriate price. The payment will have to be done via bank transfer as of this year. See Information Page for more details.
To register you need to:
- Pre-register by going to the Registration Page (currently closed) and filling in the online form (for Adults/Yuvas as well).
- Download and complete the Registration Form (see former 2017 version) which should be brought for the final registration in Cabella
– Coordinator’s signature is needed on child’s form, so please take care in advance (alternatively e-mail also accepted)!
– Adults & Yuvas need a letter/e-mail of recommendation from a national coordinator as well.
Thank you for your interest in the camp, it’s your love and enthusiasm that helps make it a success year after year.
Jai Shri Mataji and see you in Ananda Mela, Daglio!