What to bring
Clothes worn on the camp should be dignified and express Sahaj culture. All trousers and skirts for daily wear should cover the knees to protect the Nabhi and tops should cover the shoulders to protect the Shri and Lalita chakras. Of course for sports and walks the appropriate clothing should be worn.
Please label everything with your child’s name (every year we have a big pile of lost and found which doesn’t get back to the owner since it’s not labeled).
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (a must if planning to join the 2-day walk) and/or bed sheet to cover the mattress
- Towels and a reserve toothbrush
- Clean set of clothes (preferably Saree, Punjabi, Kurta) for Puja and Havan
- As many changes of clothes as possible as washing facilities are sparse
- Warm pullover and/or a jacket for cool nights
- Water bottles (one big or two small – at least 1ℓ in total)
- Hiking boots
- Strong shoes for sports
- Bathing suit
- Rain jacket (important – we go for walks in the mountains so if it rains a rain jacket is needed)
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Song Book (or at least booklet with most common bhajans)
- Pocket money: 10€ for younger children and 20€ for older children is sufficient
What not to bring
- Electronic devices. Devices like smartphones, tablets, MP3-players, etc are advised to stay home.
We reserve the right to confiscate any of these devices till the end of the camp if we see them being used in the wrong way.
- The only electronic device that is allowed is an e-reader (a device to read books on – games are not allowed on it) – please speak to us if you would like to discuss this further
- Foods in backpack, such as sweets and chocolates – these attract rodents, and they will eat through bags to get at any food…
- Excessive amounts of pocket money – everything over the suggested amount usually gets invested in hoarding sweets and chocolates (which then get eaten by mice)
You feel very easily the vibrations. The view is beautiful. The walks are great. It’s great to wake up so early.
Next topic for parents: How to know if registration is accepted