Find out how you can volunteer in this section
This year we are particularly looking for:
- Adults with a degree in child education or care (teachers, monitors, children counselors, etc); experience in running children camps is a plus (or other diploma that qualifies you to work with children)
- Italian speakers who can help with commercial investigations and preparations. (finding shops, practical questions on internet, etc…)
- Yuva Shaktis are most welcome to come and help in the camp. Their energy and creativity is a great asset for us, while in return we guarantee excellent fun and useful experiences!
Here a few more examples of the widespread areas to be covered by adults at the camp
- Guiding children during creative morning activities of all kinds (painting / drawing / nature studies / pottery / media studies / photography / maintenance / dancing / aikido / music / singing / poetry etc.)
- Shri Mataji has specifically suggested that we should include wood carving
- Sports / walks / games and excursions
- Put children to bed, read stories
- Chef (head cook)
- Shopping coordinator (coordinate with main cook, breakfast people, activity people, camp organisers and shops)
- Sous-chef (overall coordination of the kitchen, meal plans, supplies)
- Help in the kitchen
- HACCP Certified (food safety & hygiene, or similar diploma that qualifies you to work in a kitchen)
- Fire Safety certified
- Driving (shopping & transport of children)
- General maintenance of the house & surroundings
- Overall coordination of the camp
- Administration & finances
- Experienced first aid person (Nurse or doctor would be very valuable)
- Handymen (can be plumbing, metal work, wood work, gardener, building experience, …) are always welcome
- One or two mini-van drivers (particularly needed in the Girls camp, where usually fewer men volunteer)
Helping out at the camp is hard work but very rewarding. Uncles and Aunties wanting to help have to be prepared to dedicate their full day to the well-being of the children and should be able to communicate in English.
All countries sending three or more children must send at least one adult to help out at the camp. Adults should seek approval of participation from their country coordinator as well. As the number of adults is limited you will need to register as early as possible. Late registration acceptance will depend on the available space.
Also let us know if you are interested in joining the Preparation camp to help with:
- Clean-up and/or cooking for the attendees
- A volunteers’ seminar, to get to know each other and the camp better before children’s arrival
- A Shakti Seminar for all ladies willing to support the camp and at the same time grow spiritually through this experience.
If you can help with any of the above, or have any question around them, please write to email@example.com. The more volunteers we find to cover the above for two camps, the more we are motivated and able to focus in forming a second team of experienced organizers for a second camp!
It is my first time that I’m in the camp, and I’m very enjoying myself. I going deeper to Sahaja Yoga and getting better at my English.